Despite being available for decades, cannabis and its derivatives like CBD are becoming more popular and widely accepted as wellness supplements across the globe. Discover how CBD works, why you should try it, and what to look for to ensure you’re getting the best product out there using our helpful guide below.
CBD—which stands for cannabidiol—is a naturally occurring substance with multiple health benefits. It supports physical and mental well-being by interacting with the endocannabinoid system (ECS). All mammals, including humans, have an ECS. This system helps maintain homeostasis in the body. If the ECS gets depleted from sustained daily tension, it causes an imbalance in the body. CBD can help replenish the ECS by interacting with cannabinoid receptors within the body, maintaining equilibrium, and reinstating a sense of calm.
THC, another widespread cannabis derivative known for its psychoactive properties, does not interact with the body the same way CBD does. As a result, CBD provides the benefits of cannabis without the intoxicating effects THC inflicts.
There are many ways to take CBD, including inhalation, topically, and orally. One of the best ways to start is with CBD oils, which allow you to control dosage and determine the optimal amount for your body and your needs. Here are some of the top reasons people use CBD:
Studies have shown CBD may help common skin issues like itching and dryness. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, CBD could provide relief to individuals with skin conditions. Other studies suggest CBD’s antioxidant properties might help prevent signs of skin aging.
Studies suggest CBD oil can be used topically to aid in bodily discomfort from chronic aches. Some individuals with chronic pain use CBD to help reduce discomfort and inflammation. Research around CBD’s effectiveness in managing these chronic pain issues is promising.
For individuals battling with sleeplessness, CBD is an option. While research is still new, some studies show CBD could improve sleep and help with surrounding emotional health issues that may cause sleeplessness.
Animals can also use CBD, as it has been proven safe for their consumption. Pet owners claim CBD-infused oils and treats have helped them ease their animals’ nervous behaviors and soothe discomfort caused by old age or injury. Combined with pet-friendly flavors like lamb, it’s an easy way to supplement your furry friend.
Please note: When using CBD in any form for the first time, it’s best to start with the smallest dose on the label’s serving recommendations. Allow thirty minutes to an hour for the CBD to take effect, paying attention to how you or your pets react. Always use CBD in a safe, relaxing environment where you can observe how CBD affects you or your animal before increasing your dosage.
As CBD has become more in-demand, more sellers are joining the market. However, the CBD industry is still relatively new and remains largely unregulated. This puts the responsibility on consumers to be vigilant about what products they purchase.
When searching for high-quality CBD with no fillers, there are a few things to consider regardless of whether you’re browsing in person, ordering cannabis delivery, or shopping online:
- Organic Certifications. Look for certified organic CBD products. While some companies may include the word “organic” in their packaging, they may not have these certifications. Pay attention and look for specific seals that guarantee you’re getting a truly organic product.
- FDA or USDA Facility Certifications. Beyond organic certifications, you should also check that CBD products are produced in FDA and/or USDA-certified facilities. Certified facilities ensure the seller maintains safe practices for both their consumers and employees.
- Ingredient and Dosage Transparency. Quality CBD brands should list all the ingredients and the amount of hemp oil and active CBD per serving. They should also list the recommended dosage. This is the best way to avoid fillers, dose correctly, and know you’re getting an effective product.
- Third-Party Testing. While some sellers may claim their products are non-GMO and/or pesticide-, herbicide-, and solvent-free, it’s essential that a third-party lab test verifies their claim.
- Safe, High-Quality Extraction. How CBD is extracted correlates directly to the product’s quality. Look for sellers who use cold pressure CO2 and non-GMO organic ethanol extraction methods to ensure your product is free from potentially harmful chemicals.
By paying attention to these five items, you can ensure you’re getting a quality CBD product that is safe for you or your pet. When you find the best product for you, you can help others discover quality products by leaving a review and sharing your experience. These personal testimonies are one of the best ways reputable sellers can build their business and spread the benefits of CBD to consumers in need.