CBD’s late 2018 federal legalization was important for many reasons. The obvious is that it ended any legal ambiguity about if CBD was legal to be purchased at the federal level: Thanks to the legalization, this was clearly the case. However, a variety of other legal issues that had previously been outstanding were also answered. Thanks to federal legalization, CBD could be manufactured, processed, and transported over state lines. This also meant that CBD and hemp flower could be purchased on the internet.
This, of course, turned out to be a great thing for consumers, as it gave them a variety of options in which to purchase CBD. This, in turn, spurned competition, and that gave way to better prices and higher-quality products.
However, while this was usually the case, there were plenty of exceptions. Unfortunately, not all CBD websites are created equal. Here are some things you should look out for when it comes to CBD websites, and recommendations on where you can purchase hemp flower online.
What To Look For In A CBD & Hemp Flower Website
Many websites offer great products that are high quality, reasonably priced, and geared towards your enjoyment. Here are some signs that you’ve found a good website:
- Transparency on manufacturing: Any website worth their salt should be as upfront and transparent as possible about where their CBD is manufactured and how it is processed. They should discuss the various steps they take to make their CBD and also review their quality-assurance options. This transparency isn’t optional: As a customer, you have every right to know where your CBD is coming from, and if a company isn’t upfront about this, it may mean that they have something to hide.
- Certificate of Analysis: Unfortunately, previous studies have noted that some CBD vendors are extremely dishonest and fail to accurately label their CBD products. This can lead to dangerous health or legal problems for consumers. Thankfully, there is a way to confirm the veracity of all CBD products. All high-quality CBD vendors will have their product’s Certificate of Analysis available. This Certificate is provided by a third-party vendor who has been paid to conduct a test of what is in each product. This way, a third party can let you, the consumer, confirm what is actually in the CBD you are about to consume.
- Customer reviews: Customers should have an opportunity to leave honest reviews about a product, and you, as a potential consumer, should be able to check out these reviews. If all you see on the entire website is five-star reviews, use caution, as these may be fake.
- High-quality customer service: Customer service is important in any business, but even more so within the CBD world. This is because the product is so new and many have a variety of questions about what it is, what it does, and what its side effects are. Any CBD website should have multiple ways to connect with them, including Email, phone, or live chat. While expecting instantaneous response is too much to ask, they should respond to your questions as soon as possible.
- No medical claims: The U.S. Food & Drug Administration is as clear as possible about this: With the exception of one approved prescription drug, medical claims cannot be made about CBD’s effectiveness. Thus, while it is fair and honest to note that many have found relief via CBD, or that some studies have pointed to CBD’s potential at helping you in some ways, it would be against FDA rules to make a statement such as, “CBD lotion can absolutely remove your pain.” If a website makes a claim like this, they are violating at least one FDA rule – and who knows how many others they may be violating!
Remember: CBD is a compound that clearly can have a real physical and emotional impact on you. As such, treat it seriously. Make sure to put time and research into finding a great website that will sell you high-quality CBD and that is more interested in selling you a good product, rather than making a quick buck.