Baltimore’s first two medical marijuana dispensaries have opened their doors.
The two dispensaries are among 11 expected to open in Baltimore, according to the newspaper.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Maryland’s first dispensaries opened in December 2017.
- The 2017 opening hoopla was short-lived, however, as the dispensaries quickly ran out of product.
- At the end of last year, 14 cultivators had been approved to grow medical cannabis and the growers were in different stages of production.
- Maryland has licensed 102 MMJ shops, but only 30 have been approved to open.
- The Sun cited a 2017 Goucher Poll that determined that 58% of Marylanders support legalizing recreational marijuana.