Medical marijuana dispensaries in Pennsylvania have been given the go-ahead by Gov. Tom Wolf to begin sales.
According to Pennlive.com, the Cresco Yeltrah dispensary will begin sales Thursday, and five other facilities will open their doors by the end of the week.
Cresco Yeltrah is located in Butler, north of Pittsburgh.
Other dispensaries set to open this week:
- Organic Remedies, Enola, Friday
- Keystone Canna Remedies, Bethlehem, Friday
- Solevo, Pittsburgh, Friday
- Terra Vida Holistic Center, Sellersville, Saturday
- Keystone Shops, Devon, Saturday
Pennsylvania’s voters legalized medical marijuana in 2016 to treat 17 qualifying medical conditions.
Since then, the state’s regulators have developed the program ahead of schedule, something not commonly seen in the cannabis industry.
With more than 10,000 patients already registered, Pennsylvania’s MMJ program is poised to become one of the largest in the country,