Cannabis Cranberry-Orange Muffins recipe
Sweet orange muffins speckled with tart cranberries and infused with the blessings of cannabis These muffins are sure to be a hit at your next gathering! The flavors combine to make the most exquisite medicated muffin you will ever have. Tangerine Dream or Orange Kush are 2 great strains to use with this recipe! Feel free to adjust the amount of cannabutter used to better suit your liking, replacing the unused portion with regular butter. Cannabis oil or distillate can also be used in lieu of cannabutter if more potency is desired.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange, or 1 tsp orange extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cannabutter (Mix with regular butter if lower potency is desired, 1/2 cup butter total)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. (190C)
- Prepare a standard 12-muffin pan by either using muffin cups or by lightly greasing
- Place the cranberries and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring just to a low boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl, set aside
- Using your mixer, cream the cannabutter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each egg. Add the orange zest or extract and mix for another minute.
- While mixing at low speed, pour in the milk and then slowly add the flower mixture until just combined. Remove from the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in the stewed cranberries – Don’t overmix!
- Evenly divide the batter among the 12 muffins. Place in preheated oven for about 20 minutes. A toothpick inserted should come out clean and the tops should be golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving
For an additional treat, sprinkle the top of these with CannaSugar before baking. Here’s a recipe!