This is a quick and easy recipe for cannabis infused granola. This method makes some of the most delicious crunchy weed granola imaginable in very little time with equally little effort. You can quickly whip up a batch of marijuana infused crunchy granola in 30 minutes or less!
This is a simple crunchy oat and nut granola so adding things like sunflower seeds or pepitas can be added to introduce yet another layer of flavor. You can easily modify this recipe to suit your exact needs. I have included a few modifications below, and would love to hear about yours!
Cannabis Infused Honey Granola Crunch
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups rolled oats (the quick cook kind)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of chopped nuts: You can use any mixture of nuts you desire.
- 1⁄3 cup cannabis infused coconut oil or cannabutter **
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Add 3 tablespoons of seeds such as Sunflower, Chia, Pepitas or ground Flaxseed to the dry mix
**In lieu of cannabutter or infused oil, you can use regular oil and add 1gr (or more) of finely ground decarboxylated cannabis flower or kief. The potency of your final granola depends upon the potency of your cannabis or oil infusion.
For seriously strong granola, you can also add a gram or 2 of cannabis distillate to the honey mixture.
For the ultimate treat, sprinkle some cannasugar on the granola while it’s still warm!
- Heat oven to 300 F (150 C)
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, infused oil or butter and vanilla. Mix until smooth and evenly incorporated. If you are using decarbed flower or kief, add it here as well.
- Pour the honey/oil mixture into the large bowl of dry ingredients. Use a silicone spatula to completely scrape the bowl clean.
- Use the spatula to mix the wet and dry ingredients until evenly combined.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper (not waxed paper)
- Spread out the mixture evenly between the 2 pans and place in the preheated oven
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until just golden in color. Stir the trays half way through cooking. * FYI This will make your house smell like weed!
- Let cool completely, then transfer to an airtight storage container.
The dosage of this granola depends on the amount of THC you added in the process. Here are a few examples:
- If you used cannabutter or oil that was tested at 25mg per teaspoon, then your batch of granola would contain 400mg of THC (25mg x 16tsp).
- If you added 1gr of flower @ 25% THC, you would be adding 250mg of THC
- Adding 1gr of Kief will average 500-600mg of THC
- THC Distillate would bring the total THC content upwards of 975mg+
Once you have a rough estimate of the amount of THC you added, you can then portion out the granola as you see fit. This can be done visually (separate it into equal piles) or more accurately by weight using a food scale.
Keep it in a cool dark place in an airtight container for maximum freshness. For long term storage, this will last almost forever stored in the freezer in a vacuum sealed bag.
Homemade cannabutter and infused coconut oil can vary widely in their THC content between batches. Unless you like experimenting on yourself, it is much safer to test the THC content of your infused oil using either a lab service, or a home testing device like the tCheck.
Check out the other cannabis infused recipes available in the recipes section of our website!