Best Grow Tent Brands On The Market Today
Growing your own cannabis can be a very satisfying experience if you have the right means of controlling contributing factors such as humidity, ventilation, and light.
But above all, the grow tent is the core of your indoor setup. So, let’s look at the best grow tent brands on the market today.
Best Grow Tents Brands Of 2020
Gorilla Grow Lite Line
The Gorilla Grow Tent Lite Line is considered one of the best grow tents from Gorilla at quite a premium price. However, the brand comes in two types – the premium type and the Lite Line.
The Lite Line comes at half the price of the premium option. This means that you have to expect a little drop in quality. But this does not take anything away from the Lite Line. In fact, just like all the other Gorilla products, this one is designed to last as long as you need it to.
Although the Lite Line is less durable when compared to the premium option, it offers better sturdiness than the average grow tents available on the market.
The only difference with the regular line is that the Lite Line comes with less durable and less dense canvas material. Plus, it has some very cool features. For example, it comes with easy-view windows that allow you to check on your plants. It also comes with reflective walls that promote faster and stronger plant growth.
The tent comes with the following measurements: 2 inches by 4 inches by 6.7 inches. However, it also comes with height adjustment features that allow you to increase the height of the tent from 6.7 inches to 7.7 inches. This ensures that there is a safe and secure environment to support the full growth of your plant. However, when it comes to expanding the height of the tent, the adjustable extension posts are sold differently.
When fully assembled, this grow tent is durable and sturdy. This is because it uses a secure, interlocking solid steel frame. Add a Gorilla Pro Series grow light and watch your yields explode!
- High extension construction for growing taller plants
- Easy-view windows for convenient monitoring
- Reflective diamond walls for faster growth
- The height of the tent can be expanded
- Light may leak through the zippers
- Low-quality canvas material
- The adjustable extension posts are sold differently
Vivosun Grow Tents
The next brand on our list is the Vivosun. Unlike the Gorilla grow tents, Vivosun is a relatively new brand on the market. However, the brand has wasted no time establishing itself as one of the best when it comes to offering value for money. It has a comparatively durable construction with a very sturdy base.
The tent is available in two main sizes to choose from. It comes with 98 percent reflective Mylar material that helps to ensure that light is trapped in the tent by reflecting the light on its inner walls. It also features extra-thick canvas material of about 0.8mm in thickness.
The top-quality 600D canvas material is not only designed to be water-proof and tear-resistant, but it also helps to ensure that there is no light leakage from the interior. It has a solid and sturdy frame when assembled. This is because the frame is supported by strong metal poles, with perfectly-smooth finishing, in each corner. Plus, the attention to detail it offers is quite impressive.
And all these features come at a very affordable price. But that’s not all, the metal frame is sturdy, with a heavy-duty zipper that is very durable.
The company claims that no other brand matches its zipper quality. Vivosun Grow Tent also comes with an easy-view window to check on your plants with ease. And, to indicate how much trust the company has in this product, it comes with a two-year warranty. And oh, assembling the tent to suit your needs is very easy as it comes with a lot of ports and vents.
- Very easy to assemble
- Offers value for money
- Comes with easy-view windows
- Features extra-thick canvas with a sturdy frame
- Completely light-proof with 98 percent reflective Mylar
- Some buyers have complained of tiny pinholes in the canvas that serve as escape routes for light
- There have also been reports of smaller-sized easy-view windows and low-quality canvas material
TopoLite Full Range Multi-Sized Grow Tents
Moving on, we the TopoLite Full Range Multi-Sized Grow Tent. Just like its name suggests, this grow tent is available in different sizes to choose from – seven sizes, to be specific. It features hydroponic with plastic corners.
The inner walls have reflective features to help keep the interior well-lit. The 96 percent highly-reflective interior also plays a crucial role in ensuring that the light is trapped inside. At the exterior, it features a 600D light-proof oxford canvas material, which is durable and long-lasting. It comes with a diameter of 16 mm and durable metal rods painted in white to complement the reflective interior material.
The external canvas material is also light-resistant and offers sturdiness to the frame. This works perfectly with metal temples coated in white paint to complement the interior reflective feature. Aside from that, the sturdy zippers are large and come with a double seam. This is essential when it comes to preventing any form of light leakage from the interior.
TopoLite Full Range Multi-Sized Grow Tent also comes with large heavy-duty zippers that will stand the test of time while helping to ensure that the light is trapped in when closed.
It also features a number of rectangular-shaped vents that come with mesh. This allows for better ventilation. The multiple vents feature also allows for filler as well as fan output. Plus, this grow tent is very easy to install as it requires no professional tools to assemble.
Other features of this grow tent include a water-proof tray that is removable and two nylon belts that can be used as filter straps. It also features one rod and a connector frame as well as one instruction manual if you’re using it for the first time.
- Very easy to install
- Multiple rectangle vents with mesh for effective ventilation
- 96 percent high-reflective inner mylar material
- Heavy-duty zippers with 600D oxford material 16 mm in diameter
- Sturdy frame with white painted metal rods
- Complaints about random leaks appearing in the canvas
- Light duty
- Some users complain about a weak frame
- Only one setting
CoolGrows Detachable Indoor Grow Cabinets
CoolGrows has a host of other grow tents available in different sizes. But if you are trying indoor cannabis growing for the first time, then this particular size is a perfect place to start from. Measuring 24 inches by 24 by 48, it is almost the perfect size for indoor cannabis growing. It is equipped with metal rods that are sturdy and offer the structure the needed durability. It is very easy to assemble and requires no use of professional tools.
The canvas is made of Mylar hydroponic material, which ensures that light is trapped within its interior. It also comes with durable zippers that keep the grow tent well-shut and secure.
There is also an observation window that gives you the convenience of keeping a watchful eye on your plants. There is a solid metal frame to add to its sturdiness, while a floor tray at the base offers support for your plant pots.
This indoor grow cabinet comes with a solid metal frame and a thick 600D canvas material. In addition to that, the fabric features PVC material and is lined with 97 percent reflective Mylar film that is both resistant to tearing as well as light-proof. The cabinet also comes with enough ventilation features for sufficient airflow. Plus, it is very easy to assemble with metal connectors that do not require the use of tools.
- Very easy to assemble
- Features an easy-view window with sufficient ventilation system
- Solid metal frame and a thick 600D canvas material
- 97 percent reflective tear-resistant and light-proof Mylar film
- Very affordable – value for money
- Tent material is considered too thin by some users
- There are some complaints about pinholes that allow light to leak through
- There are also reports of zipper malfunction
iPower Grow Tents
And, for our final entry, we have the iPower Grow Tent. If you are looking for a grow tent made of durable material, then the iPower grow tent is an excellent option. It is made of high-quality oxford fabric that is not only tear-proof but also resistant to water as well as wear-resistant.
Thus, it helps to block all light from escaping the interior. Plus, it is lined with 98 percent reflective Mylar material, which helps to boost the efficiency of the output considerably. This grow tent setup is also 99 percent light-proof, and it features heavy-duty zippers with a double Stitching feature that helps to protect the tent from any form of light leakage. It helps to ensure durability, gives the structure sturdiness, and offers long-lasting use.
The heavy-duty zipper also comes with a black lining that helps to create a seal that is light-proof. As a result, there is no need for any extra flaps or self-adhesive tape. When assembled, the structure is strong and sturdy. It features a number of metal poles that complement solid metal corner connectors.
The connectors have been designed to handle not less than 110 pounds. This means that the frame is strong enough to support several plants at the same time. The iPower grow tent is specially designed to ensure an easy installation and effortless handling. And, if you are moving to a new place, you can easily disassemble it and take it along.
The grow tent also comes with very impressive design details. It features a door that unzips smoothly to offer very easy access. Plus, it also comes with an observation window that makes it easy to take a peek inside and check on your plants. Aside from that, the tent also features a tool bag as well as a removable floor tray. This makes for very efficient storage of all tools while helping to keep all your accessories organized.
The installation is easy, as it requires the use of no tools. When fully installed, the grow tent stands at the following measurement: 48 inches in length, by 24 inches in width, by 60 inches in height. Each package comes with a tent cover, a tool bag, a floor tray, metal poles, connectors, as well as a user manual.
- Made of high-quality, waterproof, tear-resistant oxford fabric
- Very easy to install as it requires no tools
- Features a heavy-duty, durable zipper
- Comes with an easy-view window for convenient monitoring
- Offers a sufficient ventilation system
- There have been complaints of smaller-sized canvas
- Some users consider the tent material too thin
- Other users report of low-quality zippers
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Grow Tent Brands
Before you dash off to the store, there are a few things you need to consider when picking out the right grow tent.
- Zippers: Some grow tents come with heavy zippers; some do not. Heavy-duty zippers play an important role in ensuring that light does not leak out of the tent. Make sure the zippers are of durable quality as you will be using them on a daily basis. They should stand the test of time.
- Airflow: Although your plants are in a controlled environment, they still need good proper airflow as this will ensure that they get the right amount of ventilation they need. This will also help to cool down the tent if the temperature is rising.
- Durability: Consider the thickness of the canvas as this plays a huge role in determining how durable or otherwise it is. Lighter fabric tends to damage easily and cannot hold in enough light. Plus, thicker fabric helps to regulate the warmth in the tent.
- Ease to assemble: Pick out a tent that is relatively easy to assemble, or at least, comes with very clear instructions on how to do so. Also, make sure that the tent has enough ports to run your electric through when doing your wiring.
What Are The Benefits Of Grow Tents?
- If you live in a rented place or do not have enough space, then using a grow tent is the best option for growing cannabis.
- Plus, they can be disassembled and reassembled if you’re moving to a new place. Grow tents come with durable fabrics that are light proof. This is very important in preventing light from escaping the tent.
- What Is The Best Way To Use Grow Tents?
- First, select a dedicated place for the tent with access to electricity and water. If you already have sprouted seeds in pots, set them up in the grow tent and make sure there’s enough room for ventilation. Switch on the light in your grow tent for 18 hours and turn it off for 6 hours.
- Also, ensure that there is enough room for the plants to grow. Keep repeating the lighting process.
Precautions For Using Grow Tents
Grow tents are designed for indoor use. However, you must ensure they have access to a power supply and an external source of ventilation, such as a window.
Stick to the instructions indicated on the product – concerning power capacity, light type, ventilation, etc.
It is very important to grow your cannabis in a well-hidden place – even if growing it is permitted in your state. This will help keep thieves away from trying to harvest your product.
After reviewing the five best grow tent brands, the Gorilla Grow Tent Lite Line stands out as the best among the others. All the other brands are excellent choices. But the Gorilla Grow Tent Lite Line stands out as it easily meets all the earlier considerations we mentioned about. It comes with heavy-duty zippers that have been designed to stand the test of time in terms of usage.
It also offers an ideal amount of ventilation. This is complemented by easy-view windows that offer the chance to monitor your plants with ease. The reliable, durable canvas is made of water-proof as well as light-proof material that helps to trap light within its interior and keep it from escaping. The inner lining also comes with reflective features that help to optimize the use of light. Gorilla Grow Tent Lite Line is also very easy to assemble as it requires no special tools.
What makes this grow tent stand out is the fact that it is considered the reliable and sturdy grow tent in the mid-tier range. Just like other Gorilla products, this tent is designed to stand the test of time – much more than the other brands reviewed on this list.
About The Author
Santiago Pardo is the founder of DrCannabis.io, a site that tests outs and reviews grow tents and helps out cannabis growers with tips and tricks for growing indoors.