Cannabis Infused Banana Bread Recipe
Here’s an infused twist on the classic Banana bread recipe! This easy and delicious recipe uses cannabutter so you can easily control the potency by simply replacing a portion of the cannabutter with regular butter. Still not strong enough for you? Cannabis oil or distillate can also be added to the batter giving you the ability to make these as strong as you want.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cannabutter (or mix cannabutter + regular butter if lower potency is desired)
- 2 eggs
- 2 large or 3 medium very over-ripe bananas – mashed
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
**Optional: If you want some really strong stuff, you can add a gram or 2 of cannabis oil in lieu of cannabutter. Just substitute plain butter. Using cannabis distillate alone will produce a banana bread without any of the usual herbal taste. Cannabis oils are also a bit easier when it comes to figuring out your dosages.
- **Gluten Free Option**
- Replace the all-purpose flour with 1/2 cup each of the following: Almond Flour, Coconut Flower, Flax Meal & Oat Flour
- Cook 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- **Dairy Free Option**
- Replace cannabutter with 1/2 cup cannabis infused coconut oil or use 1/2 cup regular coconut oil and 1 gram of cannabis oil or distillate
- Use 1/2 cup Almond milk or Coconut milk instead of regular milk
- **Sugar Free Option**
- Replace the 3/4 cup of sugars with a zero calorie sweetener meant for baking. After trying all I could find, I believe that Swerve provides the best results.
- For a great tasting reduced sugar option, use 1/2 cup zero calorie sweetener and 1/4 cup coconut sugar.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (162 degrees C).
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Using your electric mixer, cream together cannabutter and both the brown and white sugar for about 5 minutes. Thoroughly beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the milk, vanilla extract and the mashed bananas and mix until well blended.
- Slowly add the flower and stir until just blended. Pour batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then place onto a wire rack to finish.